Quick update...I might try to sneak in a trip this Saturday if I can get enough interest. The forecast looks decent (as of now but can change) and I do know some fish are around. If anyone has interest for this Saturday let me know. $150pp, everything included. Throw lines around 6 AM... Capt.
Well the fleet finally got off the dock this past weekend. The weather was favorable with calm seas and everyone was anxious to get off the dock. A small pile of fish were located (I know the drop) and it was "game on" between the Island Current and Lady Frances (see enclosed pic). Basically a reminder of the 2011 - 2012 seasons...aka "Cod Wars". Getting on the meat is important and why we do this...but when it gets to be reckless and foolish, that's when the fun ends. K
So Bob and I met down at the boat yesterday to discuss our strategy for 2019. I highly doubt we are going to run anymore trips this winter...the weather has been terrible and even the head boats can't get off the docks. No doubt the Cod are spawning "somewhere"...but unless your out there at least a couple times a week, you'll never get dialed-in. Worst winter Cod season on record, but enough of that. My plan is to haul the boat at the end of February and do the following