Bob and I had some good plans for today's trip but the Codzilla boat gremlins kept us tied to the dock...again. Never had a season like this in my lifetime...fix one damn thing and bam - another problem surfaces. I am so damn pissed and frustrated with this season. Over $5k in parts and labor so far and we are still tied to the damn dock without a single trip under our belts. So yesterday, Bob and I got to the boat at noon to prep for today's trip...task #1 - start the eng
We are going this Monday, Aug 21st. Bob will have bait and ice on-board. Shakedown trip to the "Hooter" and if the engines check out, off to the block for some late summer Cod drops. I have a piece that I want to check-out.....oh yes a spot nobody fishes. I have been watching this drop for a while...nobody even knows about it or fishes it!!! We will see....Email, Txt or call me if you want to be part of this adventure. $150pp and I will refund if the port engine shits t
No more waiting. I've tested the boat at the dock and its not perfect but my patience has run out and its time to fish. I am hoping to run a shakedown trip to the Block for Cod, Seabass, Fluke and other "Cellar Dwellers" either this Sunday or Monday depending on who I can book for the trip. Min of four to throw the lines, $150 pp (same as last year). This will be a 100% jigging trip but anyone who wants to dunk clams can bring some snot so long as it doesn't call in the d
So I think we are good to go...still a slight tick portside but I put her under some strain yesterday for more than an hour at the dock and everything seemed good. Bob has been meaning to do the sea-trial with me but conflicts have kept him from being able to get to the dock. Hoping this week we can put her through a good test then I will post-up a trip. Sorry for all the delay's but I have to be 100% sure that we are good to go before I toss the lines as your safety is my
Bob couldn't make it up for this weekend so we are planning our test run this Wednesday. Frances fleet had a decent Cod trip today...biggest news was the amount of Ling they caught....Kudos to FF crew. More this Wednesday, lets hope the old girl has enough life left in that port engine so we can start running some trips... Capt.
The above pic was taken last Saturday as that gusty north east wind came through....blowing 30+ at the dock....look at that bow line! Bob and I turned the sick port engine over and although we still have a minor "tick"...its subtle and at higher RPM's goes away. So the plan is to do a basic shakedown run on Sunday (couldn't do it last Saturday for obvious reasons) to see how she hold's up over a few hours. That is going to dictate if we can at least salvage August and the